Thursday 1 December 2016

Body Count For Females - Does it really count?

There is a new terminology given to the reason why a woman or a young lady shouldn't live her life the way it so pleases her, and make choices that makes her absolutely happy and fulfilled; it's called 'Body Count'. The first time I heard this word I thought it was a terminology used in a mortuary to do an inventory on the corpses there, little did I know that it was bigger than it actually sounds.

From popular definition; Body count can be defined by the amount of men that you have had sex with as a woman, and if it's more than 2 then you are a prostitute who neither deserves to be married nor to have happiness. I have heard that some girls lie about their 'body count' so as not to sound 'cheap' or sound like every guy in the hood as had a share of her 'virtue', meanwhile this 'body count' don't apply to men. In fact as man, you need to 'hype' the amount of 'body counts' you have had so as to sound or look experienced in the presence of a woman.

Why is 'Body Count' an issue? Who is counting? Because I am for sure not counting, and I can speak for a host of my friends too. Does body count really count? Does body count makes you less of a woman, or less of a good person? I once asked a girl why there's so much fuss about body counts and she replied me with; 'can you marry a girl who has 'been' with more than 5 guys'? At that point I almost started to count how many girls i've 'been' with but I didn't think it was an issue at that point because that was not the bone of contention. I really don't care if a girl has been around the world beyond and nigh searching for her baby; the only problem I would have is if she's still going around the world searching for her baby after finding me (her new baby).

Some women stay in abusive relationships and marriages just because they 'don't want to increase their body count', some would rather buy sex toys because they don't want to 'waste their body count' on a random guy, while some will 'deduct' a guy from their body count if he was probably a bad person or someone they didn't like. A girl once asked if she could 'remove' her dead ex boyfriend from her body count; since he was dead so he probably died with his count on her body. At that point I reaslised this body count was a big issue.

How long will our women keep living their lives to please the society? How long will our women start living their lives, and stop thinking about 'what people will think or say'? I am not an advocate of prostitution or 'immoral' behaviours so to speak, but I am the number one advocate fof a free and peaceful life for everybody. Do what you have to do if you feel that at that point in time it is the best thing for you to do given your situational condition, if it later turns out to be a wrong decision; you learn from your mistakes and move on with life. I remember there was a stage in my life I couldn't hug or kiss a loved one in the public because 'people were looking at us', but after some years I looked back at those 'people that were looking at us' but they were nowhere to be found, they have moved on with their lives and businesses, and most definitely don't remember if someone like me even exists, ever existed or stood at a certain place with a girl he couldn't hug or kiss because they were looking; but I denied myself of some moments of happiness and sweet memories because they were looking at me then.

Most times people who our women are trying to please don't matter, the 'society' whose standards they want to forcefully fit into and those people on social media who they are trying to impress don't matter. These people neither have a say in their happiness nor the progress in their lives. Stop worrying about what people think you are and worry about what you really are, focus on it and how you can be a better person. Those neighbours, classmates, colleagues and friends that you cared about what they will think years back; where are they today? That boss, neighbour, facebook friend, Twitter and Instagram follower that you are trying to conform to his or her standards would not matter in 5 years time. I remember back in the University when my girlfriend told me that she doesn't feel too comfortable with me coming over her place to spend the night because her neighbours will see her as a bad person; that they will be pointing fingers at her by morning and refer to her as 'that girl that a an slept over at her place'. This is more than 5 years after, where are those neighbours that she was worried about? Probably drinking Heinekken now with their friends and family and playing FIFA 17 but there she was worrying about what they would say, and allowed it affect her choices as a human being.

But like I always say, I don't know it all. This is my honest opinion on this issue of body count, and generally why our women seem to fuss about certain things. I don't think body counts is something people should fuss about, if a man is particular about the body count of a woman hence can't have anything to do with her then he should get lost. I ask the guys if they would refuse to marry a girl because she has a high body count? I don't think body count defines who a woman is, her values and her qualities.


Comments and corrections would be appreciated.


Kindly follow my blog by clicking on  the follow button by the top right corner.

You can also check other posts here:

Throw back picture of Psquare and a friend
Flavour To Shutdown The Gambia


No comments:

Post a Comment